uneX-Planedapps.com 

X-PlaneTM Desktop Flight Simulator Bush / Coastdog Adventures and More!

Forums

Forum Home > Special Events > PAGK Gulkana

bc
Site Owner

Coming late tonight. V9.7 & V10.25. Maybe around 2300 Eastern, but don't HAARP on me (insider joke or Google it :lol: )

--

6 strings, 9 cylinders, 2 Manx cats: Life's Good!

March 23, 2014 at 1:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alaskadad

I trust you are wearing your aluminum foil hat for this development.

--

"Keep the Pointy End Forward and Sunny Side Up"

March 23, 2014 at 2:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

jetjerry

I like it.  Yet another fine effort by our bc to populate airports.  Good work!

--

"Keep the Dirty Side Down"

March 23, 2014 at 2:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

bc
Site Owner

This one has the added benefit of having someone (not mentioning any names of people who live in Alaska and are a dad ;) ) who is on location and giving me feedback as we go.

I don't know about aluminum foil hat, but I sure wish I knew what we did to annoy them up north of Gakona, since they are obviously the ones messing with our spring over here. Arggghhh.  Ahhh Roar ahhhh.  :lol:

bc

--

March 23, 2014 at 3:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

jetjerry

Isn't that nice of 'ol what's his name dad, in Alaska.

--

"Keep the Dirty Side Down"

March 23, 2014 at 3:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alaskadad

The place is closed down now we got the warmer weather we wanted. LOL

--

March 23, 2014 at 6:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

bc
Site Owner

Right. You're selling me a quick one. After all, I did figure out how to get the caramel in the Caramilk Bar. :P

and besides that, I have a scnery package here that says the facility is not *quite* closed by golly. I would avoid the area by a large margin if I were you. :D

bc

--

March 23, 2014 at 6:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alaskadad

There is talk that it will be taken over by another party in the future. Hard to avoid when the highway runs right beside it. Looking forward for the release of PAGK. I don't doubt that it will be great like all the others you have done.

--

March 23, 2014 at 7:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

bc
Site Owner

Ah Ha!

"... taken over by another party from the future"

I knew it. Can you tell us more (like are they benevolent) or have you been sworn to secrecy?

:lol:

--

March 23, 2014 at 7:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alaskadad

Alaska Dispatch

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/20140127/air-force-plans-pull-plug-alaskas-controversial-haarp-facility

HAARP-- What is HAARP IS HAARP Dangerous HAARP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo-T_KvLNdQ

--

March 23, 2014 at 8:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

bc
Site Owner

If you are in the Eastern Time Zone, then please don't wait up for this :lol:

I am revising my time to about 0100 EDT, plus or minus 30 minutes.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

bc

--

March 23, 2014 at 9:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

gofigure

Not a prob. some things are worth waiting for. I may stay up but, I can wait till morning. I'm in Valdez so I;ll just stay in Valdez overnight and fly to PAGK tomorrow at sunup.

--

March 23, 2014 at 11:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

bc
Site Owner

Test phase has begun.

I don't expect a lot of issues now, so I figure I'll have the V10 WED work done and be ready for grinding it through the X-Publisher by 0100. Then the writeup and drop the whole thing on the Org and link it back over here.

Let's say about 0130ish.

bc

--

March 24, 2014 at 12:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

bc
Site Owner

Everything cleaned up.

Now making a Lite version for those with sketchy frame rates. Then off to make the few tweaks for the V10 (not much left on it) and make a Lite one of that.

I'll report back when I'm ready to take it over to the Org and write it up.

Cheers,

bc

--

March 24, 2014 at 1:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

bc
Site Owner

Had a bit of an issue in V10, but solved now.

Just doing the writeup for the Org, so it won't be long now.

Good thing, as I have to get up for work in 4 hours and 8 minutes :whew

bc

--

March 24, 2014 at 2:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

bc
Site Owner

That's it. Gulkana is officially released.

I hope Alaskadad isn't still waiting up for it (or gofigure). In the former's case, it is 2330 his time and in the latter, my time, 0330.

Time for some beauty sleep. Night all, and I hope you enjoy the facility.

If you're flying V9, be prepared for quite a climb from the runway to the ramp :lol: .

And watch out for that HAARP facility. If you feel weird after overflying it, don't blame me.

bc

--

March 24, 2014 at 3:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

gofigure

Updated Gulkana looks pretty accurate compared to the (Google search) real world photo.

Thanks bc, good job! Any Easter Eggs? ;)

--

April 14, 2014 at 2:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

bc
Site Owner

Much of the thanks for the accuracy goes to Alaskadad, who went out of his way to get photos and then describe the facility in detail. Heck, he keeps his aircraft there, so he should know what it looks like :P . He even moved some stuff around in the OE file and shipped it to me. That kind of help is so much appreciated, and I *do* love accurate airports. :)

If you read the writeup in the Changelog in the download file at the Org, you'd see that there are guests at the bonus airfield on the way to the HAARP facility. Not really an Easter Egg, but my trademark "Tough Alaskan Women" addition for sure :P

Also, be sure to fly to the HAARP. It's been enhanced significantly. You may have to look on the web for where it is, as there is no ICAO for the HAARP or Mr. Jacobus' location. Actually, the latter has an ICAO but X-Plane doesn't have it in the database and I wasn't inclined to add it formally, since it is a private dirt strip. Nice though. I hope you like it :)

Cheers,

bc

--

April 14, 2014 at 4:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alaskadad

Look for the two dog sled teams running the trail. Summer they have wheels on the sled to stay in shape. And of course there are the moose that wonder through. My plane is in the Tundra Wings Hangar till summer & then AK59. Hope you all enjoy it as much as I do. Maybe in the future bc will put the helio pad in for the medical center for us helio pilots.

--

April 14, 2014 at 8:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

bc
Site Owner

Yes Alaskadad, it is actually "in" my version, but I await Version 10.3 to see if they have auto-generated the town or not, and if anything else appears, before I raise a final, final, absolutely final edition :D . Ordinarily I don't like releasing unfinished business (read: raising new versions and costing people bandwidth), but in the case of Gulkana, it is special because you're there. Same goes for any of our pilots - you all deserve the best for sure :)

Cheers,

bc

--

April 14, 2014 at 9:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.