uneX-Planedapps.com 

X-PlaneTM Desktop Flight Simulator Bush / Coastdog Adventures and More!

Forums

Forum Home > 2016 Vacation - Burning Man > 2016 Vacation Contest WINNER

bc
Site Owner

The judge liked them all but felt that the "simulation-modeled aircraft that looks and acts like a vehicle and is definitely related to the Burning Man concept" boiled out to the top for her!

But she also noted that the Flare Drop from durian was clever and really rather nice (we viewed it on her huge smart TV in the main presentation room). Strong 2nd Place for sure!

Honourable Mention to NDNFlyer for his poster and a special Technical Creativity Notice goes out from me to bugblaster for his very clever use of a .for file for aerial scenery.

Congratulations to RocLobster for his win. I will be in touch in the next couple of days to arrange for your prize. Good work sir :)

Congrats to all others who participated, either in the contest or the vacation or both. Especially if you left screenshots!!! Hope everyone had a good time and please take your trash back when you depart Burning Man for home, as per Day 5 submission! "Leave No Trace" :)

Here are the links for those entries mentioned above:

RocLobster's Winning Entry

durian's awesome flare drop extravaganza: https://youtu.be/gy-diZ8gK20

NDNFlyer's Poster

and bugblaster's great snapshot of his scenery enhancement

Cheers,

bc

--

6 strings, 9 cylinders, 2 Manx cats: Life's Good!

December 4, 2016 at 9:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

RocLobster

Thank you Joel for hosting this event.

Please thank the judge for their time.

And many thanks to my creative competitors!

:)

December 4, 2016 at 9:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NDNFlyer

Ditto! The whole experience left me in expectation to the next vacation that you might have in mind Joel, but not to worry this is not signs of a lazy EPOCH pilot, just excited. lol Thanks to everyone for putting together such a wonderful simulation of a real life event, complete with a race. Everyone take care and see you all back at headquarters.

--

The P-51 an EPOCH bird.

December 5, 2016 at 2:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

NDNFlyer

I wasn't able to fly all the flights, but it didn't make the experience any less enjoyable. Thanks again to all and I really enjoyed sharing my ventures too.

--

The P-51 an EPOCH bird.

December 5, 2016 at 3:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Congrats, Mr. Lobster!

--

"Fly the wing"

December 5, 2016 at 5:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

bc
Site Owner

Hey NDNFlyer, you did just fine sir! Great stories too.

Rocky, I thanked her very much and linked her to the whole event which she said she would finish reading today :) . She did admit that this was a first for her :lol:

I expect December will be a gentle month from here on in. I have to get ready to upgrade my entire pit. Plus I have to get an Economy Report out. Plus I have to start preparations for a new type of winter event coming in a couple of months, working alongside a couple of our outstanding members here to bring it to fruition.

So yes, there will be news coming in a couple or three weeks but in the meantime, the IP is still calling and winter flying has taken hold up in Alaska - Bethel is sitting at -7'F right now with a bit of snow in the air and a decent 15 knot wind :P . But hey, it's going down to -28'F tonight at Beaver Creek, so yup... it's winter up thar!

Anyhow, later 'gators. I'm on the road again this week (London right now) but hope I can get things sorted so I'm home this weekend for more than an hour or two. My better half hopes so too - the honey-do list is getting mighty long :lol:

Cheers,

bc

--

6 strings, 9 cylinders, 2 Manx cats: Life's Good!

December 5, 2016 at 7:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CptTroll

Congratulations Rocky!

December 5, 2016 at 8:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NDNFlyer

@bc Here's to safe travels for your trip! And Happy Holidays to all. :)

--

The P-51 an EPOCH bird.

December 6, 2016 at 12:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

gofigure

Congratulations to the winners!!

It was very enjoyable making all the Night Flight trips to Burning man. Usually we fly to the vacation spots on our own. Once at Burning Man it was fun with all the challenges and side flights in the Nevada area.

Now that winter has hit the Alaska and Canada areas pretty hard, I'm not sure I want to return. :( I guess I will have to take a couple days to get back home to Beaver Creek then back down to the EPA area and back to work. 8) 

--

December 6, 2016 at 10:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.